CHG-MERIDIAN SKIEN AS GENERAL PACKAGING INSTRUCTIONS
In order to preserve the equipment for reuse, it is important to pack used IT-equipment properly prior to transportation. Proper packaging is more environmentally friendly and can reduce the transportation costs.
1. CONTACT AND LOCATION INFORMATION
We need the following information:
- The address where the cabinets or packaging materials should be shipped or picked up.
- We need the name, e-mail and phone number for the contact person on-site.
- The carrier will need to contacts the person in question before items are dispatched or collected.
- Special conditions on site that must be considered?
- Height restriction? Are we going into a garage? Is it easy for the vehicle to turn around?
- If there is no loading ramp at the location, we must send a vehicle with a tail lift.
Once you have all the information please send us an email at email@example.com.
If you are wondering how to order packaging you will find more information under point 3.
2. BEFORE RETURNING THE EQUIPMENT
Important things to keep in mind when you are returning used IT-equipment:
- Remember to include all parts and accessories that belong with the product. If the products are returned incomplete the remarketing value will be reduced.
- If the devices are locked with bios password, cloud lock or other form of password protections please remove them before you return the products.
- Company EORI number (Economic Operator Registration and Identification). It’s used by customs and other authorities to monitor and track shipments coming into and out of the European Union. CHG-MERIDIAN need this to make the proforma and commercial invoice.
- Registration of assets with Manufacturer / Model / Processor (CPU) / Serial number. This list provides the basis for 1. The estimate of the fair market value for the Proforma Invoice and 2. Control check for inspection upon arrival at the Technology- and Service Center.
3. PACKAGING METHODS AND SOLUTIONS
The best way to transport large quantities of IT equipment is to stack them in our metal cabinets or place them on pallets. For smaller items, the best way is to use cardboard boxes or our boxes in hard plastic with safety locks.
In all packaging solutions, the following recommendations should be followed:
- Open space should be filled to prevent objects from moving during transport. Filling paper, air cushions, packaging foam or other suitable material can be used.
- To streamline the handling process of the equipment, please place all external devices (keyboards, mice, cables, etc.) separately in cardboard boxes.
On request, CHG-MERIDIAN can also arrange packaging on behalf of the customer. Contact us for more information and a price estimate.
When the goods are properly packed and secured, label the shipment with the following information:
- Sender: <Company name>
- Reference number: This can be, for example, EOL number, appointment number or an assigned number.
- Recipient: CHG-MERIDIAN Skien AS, Rødmyrlia 20, 3735 Skien, Norway
When the equipment is ready:
- You can order and arrange transport yourself, or…
- CHG-MERIDIAN Skien can make the arrangements. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org when the equipment is ready for pickup.
Please place the goods in an area where it is easy for the carrier to load the vehicle. If there are special things we need to consider when it comes to the vehicle size, access or equipment? Let us know so the carrier is prepared. The carrier may refuse to collect if the availability and security of the goods do not meet the requirements.
OUR THREE MAIN SOLUTIONS FOR RETURNING USED IT-EQUIPMENT
The use of our metal cabinets on wheels makes the process simple, efficient and safe. The cabinets are equipped with a code lock and passes through most doors and elevators. It is easy to stack the equipment and to utilize the space in the cabinets’ three shelves (incl. the bottom).
By using cabinets, your products are secured during transportation and are most suited for shipping equipment with sensitive data, such as computers, mobile phones, servers etc.
Size (LxWxH): 120 x 70 x 197 cm
Total weight should not exceed 400 kg (The weight of the cabinet is 70 kg).
PALLETS AND BOXES
When packing on pallets is preferred, there should be access to a pallet jack at the location that can move the pallets to the designated area for loading the vehicle. Make sure the devices are securely secured to the pallet. The equipment must not exceed the size of the pallet. In this case, the equipment may be damaged during transport and can increase the shipping cost.
Packing in pallets are most suitable for equipment without sensitive data, such as displays and accessories, or of significant size, such as multifunction printers.
Size of a European pallet (LxW): 120 x 80 cm
The pallet should not be higher than 120 cm (in some cases 150 cm).
We also offer half pallets or smaller boxes.
Choose our hard plastic boxes, with handles on both sides and two front locks for easy and safe transport. The boxes can be shipped separately, packed in cabinets or on pallets.
Packaging in boxes is most suitable for mobile devices or smaller quantities of, for example, laptops, mobile phones, tablets etc.
Size (LxWxH): 60 x 40 x 40 cm